tisdag 10 maj 2011

It was as if he liked it. To be all alone. Walk around being all that riddle no one else could solve. The fog we couldn’t see through. It wasn’t as if we wanted to either. In fact, we even avoided it. We didn’t like that attitude of his.

He used to sit under the three. Drawing or something, whatever. His blond hair that should have been cut some time ago moved slightly in the wind. As if to catch some of the smell of sun that it carried.

Sometimes we looked at him. We even whispered a few words about him. Not even when we raised our voices did he hear us. The wind might not like to carry that sort of words to his ears.
Yet, I believe he did hear. Not that it matters of something.

One day I accidentally caught his eyes. They were grey with some blue in them. Nothing special really. Just ordinary. If he was my friend I would have said something. But I didn’t. I discussed it with the others later and we all agreed that I had done the right thing. Although I am pretty sure I saw that he was close to taking the initiative of saying something. Yes, I see things like that. But he is not one of us. It would have been inappropriate. And I play by the rules, he know that.

And if he didn’t already know it, now he knows.

He doesn’t really seem to mind the rules. Although he is surrounded by them. Whether he likes it or not. Yeah you heard me. He is.

At times, I feel that the others don’t mind him as much as they should. Well, since we never talk to him, why should we mind him? But in fact, he talked to one of us today. Well, only a few words. But I heard that his voice was calm. A bit dreamy almost. I wonder if it can say all words. All the words my voice can bear.

Even though they are not many.

I feel that the others get tired of listening to my observations at times. It is mostly Sara that listens to me. Not so much Carl. But he is, on the other hand, sick most of the time. It is because of his mother. She left them. To be alone. Or rather, alone with someone else than Carl and his father.

One day, both Sara and Carl were home from school. We weren’t so much We now. We were I. He looked at me today. Yes, I could see it from the corner of my eye. If I turned around he would of course pretend like it hadn’t happened. That is at least what he would be expected to do in that situation. We agreed to that. Or, well. I did.

And it is not like one is a unit less valuable than any other. Alone. As if he liked it.

2 kommentarer:

  1. The narrator distances him/herself from the described character. This leaves the reader (me at least) wondering more about the narrator, and why he/she distances himself/herself from the described character. Mentioning the friends contrasts the anonymity of the two central characters, something you have done cleverly here.
    Next, perhaps focus on either of the two central characters: why are they so different? What are these mentioned rules? Why is it necessary to follow them?

    SvaraRadera
  2. Do you know where you're going with this? Who is the main character, the boy or the narrator? Or is it their relationship that is in focus. It's okay to be a bit mysterious about the situation for a little while, but you can't keep the reader guessing for too long. You have to start explaining things soon so the story can go somewhere, so you can work up to some kind of climax.

    SvaraRadera