torsdag 26 maj 2011

hola mi blogg

May 4, 2002
The sun was rising over the ocean, softly granting the clouds an intense red color. The water was still asleep. A bird could be sighted over the horizon but that was it. There was nothing. Only the cold grains of sand under my worn feet. Almost two years had passed since the night and still it haunted me. Every night it came creeping, I could feel the cold storm piercing right through my body, the black pyramid and Carl’s desperate calls for help into the roaring storm.

May 8, 1999
I was struggling upwards; a couple of meters ahead of me were Carl. It was close now; we were on the brink of achieving what we had dreamt of for so long, to stand on top of the world, to summit Everest. Above us was only its black face but the earlier so pale blue sky had darkened and clouds covered the horizon and blocked out the sun. Every step I could take was a minor victory and it felt as if the world was pushing down on my shoulders, but I was so close.

- You see that?! Shouted Carl and pointed at the sky.
- The peak is right there! I answered.
- Wan to turn around?
- No way! It is right there, another hour and we are up!

We did not have much left. The peak was within our reach.

May 4, 2002
I walked along the rugged shoreline, the sun was higher now. The calmness of the world was still absolute and had no intensions of changing that. Everything was still but hmy mind. It tormented me that it was my actions that caused the death of him. Everyone kept telling me that it was not my fault, that I did what he had to do in order to survive. But I knew.

May 8, 1999
I took the last demanding steps and then I was there. At the top Carl was waiting for me with the broadest of grins on his face. We had made it. We had conquered the world and now stood on top of it. There was at this moment nothing above us. I looked around and everywhere the jagged Himalayan peaks rose just like the goddesses the native Sherpa’s saw them as. But the greatest goddess of them all, “Chomolungma”, mother of the universe, had been defeated. The euphoria of our success spread a distant but warm feeling throughout my freezing body and for a moment it blocked out all pain and weariness. But the clock was already well over 3am and we were already very late, we had to get going if we were to make it down at all.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar